Thursday 19 February 2009

Royal naming of Tornado

Here I am at York railway station, having not long ago just caught the back end of the official naming of Tornado, the newest steam locomotive, with the carriages of the Royal train behind it, of which are modified Mark 3s from the original HST as well as some Mark 2s AND the usual locomotive that pulls the train at the rear, presumeably to provide power to the coaches

I was unlucky to NOT see His Royal Highness, The Prince of Wales, however I was lucky to get a glimpse of Tornado, and my what a spectacular engine it is, you have to actually see it with your own eyes to truly understand what a fantastic engine it is and what a fantastic job has been done to construct it

Well with the train now gone the station is returning to normal… ish and trains have been continuing to come through anyway

I’ll post again soon

Happy Journeys :)