Saturday 14 November 2009

A dawn of a new era for the East Coast Main Line

As reported in my post yesterday, the East Coast franchise is now back in state ownership, though this may be signs of a return of British Rail it then again may not.  The franchise was transferred at midnight from the previous operator, national express East Coast, to the government who operate the franchise as East Coast, a trading name for Directly Operated Railways Ltd. owned by the Department for Transport.  My last trip on the East Coast franchise was with national express East Coast a week ago, next time it will be with the “single line British Rail” as I have affectionately come to call East Coast, so I wonder if the service will be better or worse, well I’ll let you know how East Coast fair to their predecessors

 

Happy journeys on the new East Coast service (and any other train you happen to use)